Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Jackson's 2nd Birthday - The Party - 10.12.2013


I actually remembered to take lots of photos this year.  Feast your eyes on these beauties!  And this is just the birthday party...  Stay tuned for his actual birthday :)

Every party starts with shopping and decorations.  Sam's Club was my best friend before the party. I stocked up!




Here's how the house looked pre-party.  Nice and clean.  And ready to be full with lots of family and friends.  I love my house hustling and bustling.  I am so glad that everyone could make it.  My boy is so loved.  Anyway...back to the house...


Party favors for the all of the kids that came!  I DIY'd (inspired by this pin...)the jars and filled them with crayons or markers (depending on the age of the child of course!) some stickers and a dinosaur eraser.  The tops of the jars are colored paper glued to the jar top with a colorful dinosaur eraser glued on the top.  And a dinosaur or polka dot balloon tied on with bakers twine. I love them so much.  Jackson was a pretty big fan too.  Carried the jar around all evening!

(party hats from Meri Meri.  The polkadot balloons are from Amazon and the dinosaur balloons and erasers ((for the jar tops)) I found months ago at Target)


Here are the littlest boys enjoying a snack and just waiting for the party to start...





I don't think we could have had a nicer day!  I think it ended up being in the mid 70's and the sun shone all day.  We spent most of the party outdoors hanging out. It was so wonderful!



We turned the dining room into a playroom for the day.  It was amazing and made me wish that we had a playroom all of the time.  It was pretty great having kids running in and out and playing all afternoon and evening.  So many toys. So much fun.


Those party hats were one of my favorite (and most time consuming!) projects of the whole party.  And Jackson insisted on wearing one of the tiny party hats instead of the party hats I actually picked out for him and the other kids. Go figure!
 
Ally's favorite...


Cupcake toppers from Meri Meri via Amazon.  Cupcakes from Sam's Club.  Striped straws and dispenser from Amazon. Cake plates, collected over the years (probably from Target!)








No worries. Just a little grease fire.  Makes the burgers and hot dogs taste better. ;)









The only way he'd agree to eat lunch.  In his fire truck. With is dinosaur.  Nonnie and Poppy did well... he sat in that fire truck for a really long time.  With the dinosaur right by his side.



I love this one.  The cousins. Everyone was so excited to see every single gift.  This boy is spoiled and got plenty of gifts and toys to share with everyone that day!




Like I said before. Our little man is so.loved.  We all had the best time. I am so thankful for everyone that came!



Candles from Target.  They are so dang cute.




And that's all I have to say about that.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun party! Oh look, Somer and I have the same size belly (sad trombone). Not for long, though!!

    ReplyDelete