Friday, November 22, 2013

who's thirty? - part 3 (final part!)

Final part. I'm glad I broke these up but wish I would have written the story down sooner. HOPEFULLY I am not forgetting anything but if I am, please leave me a comment below and tell me some of the details. Or, please also leave me a comment and tell me your favorite memory from that weekend...That means you, Marcie, Meagan and Ally... I want to know!  I wan to look back on this years later and laugh my butt off at how much fun we have. So do it. Leave a comment.


Let's start where we left off.  Coming back to my parents' house after the winery...we stopped in, picked up Marcie and grabbed our bags (oh...and kissed my baby goodbye!) and packed up the car.  By this time Meagan and I are starving (thanks, wine!) and it was time to snack it up.  So once we got in the car, before we even left the stinking driveway, I tried so very hard to get the stupid cooler open.  Little did I know...if you pull on it with all of your strength, the entire lid will come off and hit you square in the forehead.   That was awesome.  And luckily all of the ladies in the car were watching me at that exact moment so everyone got to witnessed it. I'm glad we could all have a good laugh about it. Because we did. So much laughing.

So the photo below is me "icing" my head with a cold soda.  It honestly really hurt and I ended up taking meds for it too.  Who knew I could smack myself in the forehead that hard?  At least it was funny?!


I'm not sure what is happening in these photos. We are insane.  But we had a great time!  I promise it is only Coca Cola in those glasses!  We were just too excited to use them.  Having our own little party in the backseat to pass the time to the hotel.



Once we arrived at the hotel, Meagan threw together some festive birthday beverages and we did the obligatory "cheers" shot.  I love my sister and friends!  And sprinkles. ;)
 
The view from our hotel room. Not too shabby, right?!
What a pretty sunset view.
Meagan and Marcie.  This was during our girls dinner at Merchants. SO good.


Sisters! p.s. my dress is from Francesca's and I need an excuse to wear it again. Tomorrow.
If I remember correctly...after dinner, our first bar stop was at Coyote Ugly.  After seeing the movie so, so, so many years ago, I was more than excited to check it out.  Well, I wasn't sure what to expect when we went and was a little surprised.  We had a good time but the trip there was short. lol
Love it.  Love Merica! 

 

It wouldn't be a trip to Nashville, TN without a visit with Elvis, am I right?!


 

We did end up visiting a couple of other places.  I don't have the best documentation..I must have been having too much fun.  We did though make it to a karaoke bar and that was incredibly entertaining!  There are some decent singers in Nashville.  Probably much better singing than we would have heard in Indy.

We were all getting a little tired and headed back to the hotel around 1is in the morning.  I know, 1am?  That's so much later than I normally stay up and considering that most of us didn't get much sleep the night before after driving...I would say that 1am wasn't too bad.  Maybe next time I should have more coffee in the afternoon instead of half a bottle of wine!!

After we changed clothes, cleaned up the sweat and got some water (it was SO HOT) it was time for bed.  The next morning, Meagan and I were in charge of checking out while Ally and Marcie pulled the car around.  We made the most of the few minutes to document. Of course.  And Meagan made me wear the hat again. Maybe I like pink? Goodness.


 

After going back to my parents' house, it was time to pick up the kiddo and hit the road.  Back to Indy we went.  Everyone was so worn out from so much fun.  I hope Meagan doesn't mind me posting these... her and Jackson were all tuckered out and so cute.



Those last few photos above were us just passing the time and resting on our way home.  The drive went really well and although we had the best time, we were all glad to be back at our own houses and sleeping in our own beds.  I am so very thankful for my sister and my friends (and my parents and granny!!!) for the wonderful weekend that we had.  And Todd too for allowing me to take the trip and take his baby all weekend.  I would do this again in a heartbeat and although it was a quick and exhausting one, it was a best one.  I'm a pretty lucky girl and this was the best way to kick off my 30th year. 

Love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment