Friday, October 4, 2013

I kinda like weekends, don't you?!

Who loves weekends?  This girl.  Here's a look at how we spent our weekend (just in time for the next weekend to start!)... (mostly) in photos. But of course.

Friday -  Evening:
We spent the evening with the amazing and ever-so-lovely photographer, Stephanie, from SB CHILDS PHOTOGRAPHY.  We had our first EVER family photos taken.  It was quite an experience and I am thrilled to see how those pictures will turn out!  You will find me sitting on the edge of my seat until she sends them to me.  I'll try to be patient!

Stephanie was pretty great.  She was so patient and understanding when our wiggly toddler was not the biggest fan of sitting/standing/walking, etc. in all the ways we wanted him to.  He was such a good sport too, considering this little photo session took place during dinner time and shortly before his typical bedtime.  We were pushing it and I just know that all of that will have been for good reason!  I am so dang excited.  And exhausted just thinking about all of it again.

Here's a little peek from our shoot.  This was taken on Ally's iPhone.  She tagged along as our assistant/baby wrangler.  I am so thankful she was there, such a lifesaver.



Saturday - Day:
We attended a birthday party for a friend's daughter.  It was at a "bounce house" and Jackson was a fan.  I think Todd may have liked it just as much.  I was able to see lots of friends and co-workers from my previous job as well as their kiddos.  I think everyone needed a nap after visiting this place!

 







Saturday - Evening:
 Stay home. Date night.  We were both pretty tired from a busy day of driving and bouncing.  So we stayed in and lounged on the couch.  It was pretty great.  And I pretty much enjoyed everything about the movie. (one word...Leo!)  The cinematography is pretty amazing.  And don't get me started on the music...



 Sunday - Afternoon:
 A friend of mine is pregnant with her first baby and Sunday afternoon was her gender reveal party.  I am thankful to have been there to capture these moments.  I will let the photos do their job of the actual reveal.  So happy for them!!  Look how happy they are too!
 
 

By the way... I thought this type of gender reveal was so creative!  I never would have thought to hollow out a cake and fill it with pink or blue candy so it would spill out as you cut out a slice...such a unique twist on the cake reveal idea! And, it's blue :)

Sunday Afternoon...continued...
Oh and I forgot to take my camera out but I went straight from Somer's party to my father-in-law's birthday celebration.  I was tired and there are no excuses for no photos. Oh well.  We had a good time anyway!  Happy Birthday Tom!

Sunday - Evening:
Stay home.  Takeout.  Mexican Food.  Enough said.



Oh man.  This upcoming weekend is going to be so fun. I can't wait to document it!  IKEA here we come!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment