Monday, February 24, 2014

Motivation Monday - 02.24.2014

66 more days until the mini marathon!!

 (just a blurry picture of me from last year...)

with that said, this last saturday i had one of my best and most favorite runs in the history of my running.  i felt so strong and confident and happy. not a single complaint.  i honestly cannot remember a time when i ran for more than 3.5 or 4 miles without complaining. ask meagan...she'll tell you!  i will finish that run but it doesn't mean that i wont tell you how unhappy about it i am during the remainder of it. ;) 
so without a single ounce of negativity, i ran my fastest 5 miles yet.  and this week's training only called for 4.5 that day.  


i am feeling much more confident for this week's training race downtown.  a little disappointed that the weather isn't warming up (it may actually be colder for the march race than it was for the february one!) but i know that i can run the distance. 6 miles. coming right up!

here are a few of my favorite motivational pieces from this last week:
67Days22Hours36Minutes40Seconds
Banner Image

source
source
source
source


thank you for the reminder nike... i'll keep on running!  
less than 10 weeks to go. let's. do. this.

how was everyone's week and weekend? 
let's keep each other motivated this week!

happy monday!

4 comments:

  1. Assert positivity- Rule #1...No complaining during the run, complain as much as you want After the run! You got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who has JUST started trying to run (emphasis on "trying") lol, I admire you so much!! Wish I could run even 2 miles without feeling like I am going to pass out!! Thank you for the motivation this morning! And.... what kind of watch is that?? I love it!

    Nice to "meet" you this morning!! So glad you came over to my blog and said hello!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you so much for your kind words!! Before now, I was never a runner... never athletic in the slightest bit. But you have to start somewhere! You can and will run 2 miles and more!! The watch is the Nike GPS watch... also paired with the heart rate monitor and Nike+ shoe pod (for treadmill running). My husband and son got it for me for Mother's Day last year and it is one of my favorite gifts yet!

      Thanks for stopping by! And good luck in your running journey... you'll do great!

      Delete