Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Going on a treasure hunt...


I completely understand that this post has entirely too many photos. This was one of those days that needs to be documented in the books so we won't forget.  I cannot begin to explain the amount of preciousness that took place.  I'm not even sure if "preciousness" is a word but in this case, it totally is.

The afternoon started off as usual when Jackson and I get home from work and school a little after 5:00pm.  We come in and find something to play until it is time for me to make dinner (and for him to usually watch a show).  This afternoon he found the wooden box (a.k.a. treasure chest) that has been in our living room since we received it as a wedding gift more than 5 years ago.  I never realized how much fun that "treasure" would be until yesterday afternoon. 

The fun started off with just opening and closing the box.  Latches are fun all by themselves.  Once he discovered that he could open it, trains, blocks and even my shoes were part of the treasure collection.  

 



"My treasure!" Followed by, "I hide it from the dragon!"







Hopefully one of these days I'll remember that my shoes are a part of this treasure.  Or I might be sad when I cannot find them...








Resting on the couch and telling me all about hiding the treasure from the dragons and also about what kind of treasure is inside.  It was the cutest.  I took some video too.  I couldn't help myself.  If I can figure out how to post that, I will!



After we had dinner, the second most precious part began.  We were showing Daddy our treasure and what we had collected inside.  From there, Daddy decided that he and Jackson should "bury" the treasure and draw a map "so that Jackson and Mommy can find it!"  I love this little family.  I love that Jackson is getting older and that his imagination is now a part of our daily lives.  And I think Todd gets just as much enjoyment out of these games as Jackson does.  It is really so neat to watch. Makes this Momma's heart melt a little.



He caught me.  Ugh. <3



Checking out all of the stops along the map. First stop, to "where we keep our milk"...


Next up, "where we wash our hands"...

off to, "where we go when we want to go outside"...
We found it!



Many pictures later, that was our evening.  I honestly couldn't have asked for a better one.  Unless maybe in that treasure chest there was a million dollars or even just ice cream.  Oh well...maybe next time!

Happy first day of October!!!

1 comment:

  1. It makes my heart happy that this was how you guys celebrated Marcie's Birthday. :) It's almost Jackson's Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete