Tuesday, December 10, 2013

the greatest show on earth.

Sunday afternoon we spent attending "The Greatest Show on Earth."  And let me tell you, they have that tagline for a reason!  The show did not disappoint!  I think the adults had just as much fun as the kids! 

The circus was held at Bankers Life Fieldhouse downtown.   This was Jackson's first visit to the circus and I think he was going through sensory overload. I think we all were!  Once inside the doors, there was action going on at every turn.  There was never a moment that something wasn't happening.  I was exhausted when we got home, I can only imagine how Jackson felt!

These first three photos were taken by my mother-in-law with her camera. She sent them to us already and I am loving it because it is proof that I was actually there! Plus, I love having some pictures with my boys!




Here we are, right as we walked in.  Jackson took a ride on his daddy's shoulders so he could have the best view of it all.
 

Gosh. Look at that smile.  I could kiss him all day.  I'm sure he'll love that when he's older!


Here are some of the pre-show activities that were going on... so much action before the show even started!

Watching the elephants come out to paint before the show started. He was pretty amazed!


I love this. Todd and his mom smile for the picture and Jackson is a little unsure about the clown lady. Staring her down!


As soon as we all took our seats, Jackson immediately wanted to sit with his Uncle David. I think he spend most of the first half of the show with him.  He was not interested in sitting with his mom and dad.  Uncle David, Jacob and Molly are much more interesting than we are! Having him sit down the row from me made for an easy view of his reactions. I loved watching him watch the circus.  Don't you wish you could see what they were thinking at this age? The amazement...the excitement.  Poor little guy was probably totally overloaded!



And then the elephants came out!





He was holding her up by a harness...in. his. mouth.




I actually took a video of this woman being shot out of the canon.  It was pretty neat! I'll share it later this week!


David, Megan, Jacob and Molly.



I loved watching Todd watch the circus. I have a video of what he was watching that I should share too.  It kind of had us all amazed!



Time for the grande finale!!


I have video from that part too...those are to come!  I need to shorten them a bit or you'll be watching them all day! ;)
All in all I'd say our visit to the circus was a success!  I'm SO thankful to Todd's Mom for getting us the tickets and sharing this experience with us. We were basically in the 13th row and had an amazing view of all of the action.  She brought glow bracelets and necklaces for the kids as well as animal toys for each one.  Jackson picked the elephant.  He carried that thing around all day.  I'm so glad we were able to share this experience with some of our extended family!  The show was a little long for a toddler but I'd say he had a good time!  Here are some photos from my iPhone to prove it.  He fell asleep five minutes into our car ride home...snack in hand.  He's so precious.

(I apologize for the formatting below - after adding iPhone photos, the formatting is not cooperating. I think I found the weakest link in formatting...photos from your phone. Boo.)

This is what Todd was watching when his jaw was dropping...it was pretty amazing and happening right in front of us!


Above: wearing a scarf, just like his Mommy. #melt
Below:  asleep while trying to eat a snack.  And I could just kiss that rosy cheek!


The overall verdict?  I'd say Jackson's first circus was a success! 

Did I take enough pictures? Do you feel like you were there with us? haha. I'm completely out of control.  I am aware of this but at least I feel like the photos may do the experience a little bit of justice. It was amazing. Literally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment