Tuesday, December 3, 2013

grateful.





source
 Thanksgiving has already come and gone.  Sometimes I just wonder how the time passes so quickly.  I don't know about any of you...but I tend to get so worked up in the planning and the anticipation of the holidays and the celebrations and then it seems like in the blink of an eye they are over.  I cannot believe that my family has already made the trip back and are snuggled back in their own house in Tennessee.  We were lucky to have them around for 3 nights and 2 full and fabulous days.  It is just hard to believe that it is over already.  Luckily for us, I had my camera out every step of the way!  I am so glad to have these memories captured in time.  Especially since the last week has been so busy.  We celebrated our first Thanksgiving on the Sunday before with Todd's Dad.  Next up was Thanksgiving lunch with Jackson at his school.  Followed by our own family's Thanksgiving at our house and then Thanksgiving with Todd's Mom.  Needless to say, our hearts (and bellies!!) have been filled day after day.  We are lucky to have so many places to be and people to spend our holidays with.  As quickly as the time goes and as crazy as things can seem, I wouldn't have it any other way.  We are so loved. Especially this little boy.  

Anyway... I could do several posts because we have many, many, many photos.  But I may just throw them all here in a big, happy, jumbled mess.  Maybe let the photos do the talking.  We have had such fun over these last few days.  Now I am in need of a nap.

Thanksgiving #1 - Todd's Dad's house - The Sunday before Thanksgiving.



Thanksgiving #2 - Our family and my parents and sister.  (We missed you Granny!)  I love our little family and I'm so glad that they were able to be here to celebrate the holiday with us.  And even spend several days at our house.  I imagine that Jackson loved it the most!  


Our Thanksgiving tradition - Brisket.


We used this recipe for the slow-cooker mashed potatoes.  They turned out so buttery and delicious! 


Cheese-ball has become a family tradition.  I am not complaining.


Our outdoor refrigerator.  It was so cold we left most of the food outside until it was time to warm it up in the oven.  Brilliant. 


To say that I love this little family is an understatement.   


My parents are pretty cute.


The only way we could get a photo. If he could eat a banana at the same time. 


I made this mac and cheese  recipe that I found via Pinterest. I did not disappoint!! 


Having a husband that works retail... especially when he works in the online side of retail...this is what our Thanksgiving looks like. every. year.


Thank you Granny for the turkey butter :)


Thanksgiving #3 - On to Mother Brink's house! 


Jackson's first experience at a kid's table.  He ate about three bites before he was ready to get down and play.  That's pretty typical for family get-togethers!


 The best shot I could get of the cousins. Go figure.



After coming home from my mother-in-law's...my family was waiting to play some games. If you haven't played this one yet, you should check it out. If you are brave enough.  Let me just say that the word "vulgar" should be in the game description!! But it was so much fun.


I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving holiday and were able to spend time with the ones you love!!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment