Friday, November 15, 2013

who's thirty? - part 2

And now...Part two.  The winery.

After grabbing some caffeine, we made our way to Arrington Vineyards.  I had no idea that this place is just a few short minutes from where my parents live!  To say that the place is beautiful does not even do it justice.  The weather was a little warm but oh-so-lovely.  We started off with a quick wine tasting to sample several different kinds of wines and then chose a bottle for ourselves to share out on the hill.  

This is a video taken from a golf cart.  A nice lady picked us up from where we were parked at the bottom of the hill so she could take us up to the top for our wine tasting.  So hilariously awesome.



I'm not sure what this is about?  Please don't be mad at me. xoxoxox


We chose a bottle of Stag's White.  It was really good!  Meagan and I practically shared the bottle. lol.


This is what happens when you leave Meagan in charge of pouring the wine...


You have to be incredibly careful when you are walking from the picnic table over to the swing in the tree.  You wouldn't want to waste any, right?


Well when your friend joins you on that swing and your tiny wine glass is overflowing... sometimes you accidentally spill your wine on your friend (see her pointing to the spill...)  Sorry about that.  Party. Foul.


Isn't this place so pretty?


She is too... I love her posing :)


I wonder if anyone was embarrassed by us out there?  Ally said it was like trying to wrangle a couple of toddlers.  Oh my gosh. It was so much fun.  I think we would have stayed longer (had more wine!) but we had to get checked in at the hotel downtown.  Honestly, we could have stayed awhile longer...


Impromptu dance break...


Sisters :)


I'm so glad Meagan made me pose for this. Hysterical.  Poor Ally was waiting for us in the car so we could leave (for who knows how long) while we had a photo shoot at the entrance.  We had to document the adventure!


Meagan was taking some selfies and just kept taking them until she noticed me "drinking" in the background.  My cup was really empty or only had a drop in it... I was just trying to be funny.  It finally worked!


Once we made it back to my parent's house, we did a couple of photos to pose with the wine glasses that Meagan got us and the empty bottle of wine.  Why not?!

I cannot wait to go back there.  It was so beautiful and has such a wonderful, relaxing environment.  And for those of you that are country music fans, the vineyards is owned by Kix Brooks of Brooks and Dunn.  Who knew?!  
Meagan, after your marathon in April, we are going back, right?  I'll just happen to be in Nashville visiting the fam and you'll just happen to be there to you know, run a race...and we'll just happen to meet up for a bottle or two on the grassy hills? Maybe?


1 comment:

  1. This is one of my fav memories of us! Had such a wonderful time with wonderful friends. So glad we could make your 30th memorable! Cannot wait to go back in April and try more wine. Booked our hotel last night!! Holler!!

    ReplyDelete