Wednesday, November 20, 2013

oh the Christmas spirit...

Just for fun... here's our Christmas card photo from 2010.  Ugh. I feel like we were babies then! ;) 



Back to the point of this post.   I know that it is terrible and that I must wait until after Thanksgiving but seriously...  The Christmas spirit is trying to take over me this year much earlier than it should be!  I think it is because Thanksgiving is an entire week later this year than last year.  And I SO BADLY want to jump on the holiday bandwagon because one month of twinkling lights, festive decorations, and all-things-Christmas is just not enough for me.  I want to get the tree out, I want to get out the precious miniature tree for Jackson's room and I want to hang lights all over our house.  Something about Christmas light ambiance is my favorite.  Not to hurry Thanksgiving along ( I love that holiday too, especially because my family comes to me!) but I'm ready to get the tree out on November 29th. Just you wait and see!

Until then, please, let me share with you some of the things I love most about the Christmas season.  Here are just a few of my favorite things:

source
source
Those twinkle lights...how could you not want those? I want them all.over.my.house.


Here are a few projects that we tackled prior to the holidays. I can't wait to get these out of storage and get them hung up.  The ornaments turned out to be super cute and the glitter DIY garland.  You had me at glitter!
 
source


source
I think I'd like to try and make more of these this year and maybe give them as gifts. I think the grandparents would appreciate them and I'm sure my little helper would love to help paint them this year.  Dinosaur clay ornaments anyone?  Sign us up!

Another thing I'd like to try (again, because I want decorations ALL over the house.  I want it to look like Christmas threw up in there. Sorry. But I'm totally serious.)

I wonder if I could make these?


source
source

The one above would be an easy decoration with stuff we already have on hand!  Especially since Jackson took it upon himself last weekend to destroy his mobile during "nap" time.  See the evidence? UGH.



Well. After all of this holiday inspiration fun, I think I am going to do a separate post on Christmas traditions and starting new ones with my own family.  I'm excited already! 

Do you love the hustle and bustle and "magic" feeling that comes along with the holiday season?  What are your favorite things to do?  Do you have favorite traditions or are you starting new ones?

And if you are really, really bored and want some pretty things to look at, check out my i.love.holidays. board on Pinterest!

1 comment: