Friday, January 24, 2014

friday favorites.

Here are just a few of my favorite things that I've seen online lately.  They have been inspiring me lately so I wanted to jot them down. Look out next week, I'm coming for you!

Apparently I've been sleeping under a rock. Although I've been an Instagram follower for some time, I have forgotten to check out her blog. And now I'm hooked.  I want to dress cute like her. SO MUCH.  So next week, let's see if I can put in a little more effort.
I want to be half and cute as she is.
P.S. she has 4 children. 4.

here

here

here

here

here.  anyone want to buy this dress for me? pretty please?! ;)
She inspires my inner (way, way, deep in there...) fashionista! AND I've said it before and I'll say it again...and again... I want my long hair back, please. Thank you.

Loving.. this shirt.  Especially with Valentine's Day around the corner.  Too bad I'm not spending any money these days.  

here


But I also feel like maybe I could find an old cardi (goodness... I only have about 30 of those) and make my own sweet elbow patches?  Bust out that sewing machine and work on one of the my goals for 2014???

Stuff I'm loving for my home...
Open. Shelving.

here

Are we neat enough to have this? I would hope so. I love getting organized and open shelving would force us to watch the clutter. And it looks, so, good.

Along with the open shelving, I'm loving this way of storing and displaying coffee mugs.  I'm guilty of having a few but ones that I actually like to look at too. So this would be cute.

here
 And on the plus side, I already have these supplies from my last trip to IKEA...just haven't put them to use yet. This would be a great way to use them!

And lastly, because we'll use this evening/tomorrow morning for menu planning for the next week...I'd like to try and bake some of these for my favorite little person.

here
That picture is making me hungry.


You know what is not my favorite?  The extended forecast.

High /
Low (°F)
Precip. %
Today
Jan 24
Cloudy / Wind 17°/17° 0 %
Sat
Jan 25
AM Snow Showers / Wind 25°/2° 50 %
Sun
Jan 26
Snow / Wind 34°/0° 70 %
Mon
Jan 27
Partly Cloudy / Wind 3°/-17° 10 %
Tue
Jan 28
Mostly Cloudy 2°/-7° 10 %
Wed
Jan 29
Mostly Sunny 14°/5° 10 %
Thu
Jan 30
Partly Cloudy 28°/8° 20 %
Fri
Jan 31
Mostly Sunny 25°/14° 10 %
Sat
Feb 01
Snow Shower 23°/12° 60 %
Sun
Feb 02
Cloudy 24°/14° 20 %


So even though I have a training run scheduled for Saturday, February 2nd. The weather does not look to be very cooperative. I'm going to keep positive and think happy thoughts!  Can we just get some 30 degree weather in there? Is that too much to ask? :)

I am so ready for this weekend...another cold and snowy weekend.  I get to spend time with family and friends and I have to say that I'm looking forward to it.  That and another (hopefully) successful grocery shopping trip tomorrow to stock up for next week.  

To go with the theme of favorites, I think January has been one of my favorite months in awhile.  Despite the terrible weather.  Which is saying a lot coming from the girl that hates to be cold.  I kind of like this whole #positivity2014 thing!

p.s. I believe this is my 100th post?  Let's party!  Who wants a donut?  Because let's be real...everything is better with sprinkles. ;)

image found here

HAPPY FRIDAY and have the best weekend ever!

2 comments: