Monday, February 17, 2014

my sweet valentines... 2014 edition

 
Get ready for yet another photo overload!  Because that's what I do.
Valentine's Day started with a regular work day and turned in to a big, snowy, slippery mess.  My drive home should have taken me about 40 minutes but instead took about 2 hours and 15 minutes :( ... because of the much-longer-than-expected delay, our dinner plans for the evening were put on hold and Todd and Jackson came to the rescue.  They stopped and picked up something quick for dinner along with a couple of treats to try and cheer me up.  It did just the trick.

Coming home to my boys making dinner and yelling "Happy Valentime's Day, Mommy!" really snapped me out of my grumpy mood.  I'm a pretty lucky girl.
We quickly ate our delicious dinner and had a little treat.  Then it was time to play a little and head to bed.  The plan was to enjoy our evening but to extend our Valentine's Day plans into Saturday and enjoy Valentine's Day, Part Two.  And that's just what we did!

Here's our Part One:




After dinner, a cupcake and some play time, it was off to the tub.  Don't mind his messy face.  That was part of the reason for the bath. ;)  Do you like his hat?


Oh you know, just watching music videos from the tub.  Boyfriend loves music!


His new thing these days is to get all bundled up in a couple of towels and then sit on my lap to snuggle.  I can never say no to that face.  One day he'll decide that he's too big for this so until then, I'm embracing it daily!


Muscles...


I could kiss those rosy cheeks. all. day. long.



Fast forward to Saturday morning.  Jackson slept in until 8:30am which is kind of unheard of so we were surely off to a good start for the day!  Then it was time for some oatmeal and cartoons.  Here he is telling me all about Transformers.

He's only slightly obsessed with Bumble Bee and Optimus Prime.


Leftovers from the evening before.  If you know me at all, you'll know which one is mine!


I was waiting on Jackson's gift to arrive from Amazon.... and although it was late, it was perfect timing for our Valentine's Day Part Two. So the doorbell rang with the delivery and I ran downstairs to get the gifts all wrapped up.  I remember when I was younger, my mom would always give us little treats on these kinds of holidays. I'm so excited to do that with my own little one(s... eventually!) 

Once I opened the package, I knew he'd be so excited.


Just a few little goodies for my favorite Valentine.


And some Reese's for the Mr....because those are his favorite.


After opening his gift (I took a video. So.Cute.) it was time to play... he was only a little bit excited about it.  He quickly learned how to transform it by himself and spent the rest of the day switching him from transformer to car, from car to transformer. over. and over.


It was time to make our weekly grocery run so it was time to pack up and head out. Bumble Bee even tagged along.


What better time to indulge in some chocolates?  We took a couple of different heart-shaped boxes home.  I'm glad we did!


After our grocery trip, we decided to make another stop at Target.  Todd was in the mood to spoil Jackson a little more so I did not object. We were going to see if we could find Bumble Bee a friend.  Just before that... it was time to grab a coffee (or cake pop for some people) from Starbucks.  It was so delicious.  My first Starbucks of 2014 and we used a gift card so it didn't even cost us.  Winning!


Helping his Daddy hold the basket while I ordered our treats...


Can these two get any cuter? Geeze.


After running our errands it was time to head home and make dinner.  Fettuccine Alfredo... my favorite kind.  I was especially looking forward to it since we ran out of time to make it the previous evening.  And luckily I got my 4 mile run in earlier in the day so I didn't feel guilty about eating a good portion (or two) of it!



Stepped outside to snap a photo... the light is so much better... even though it was so.cold. Worth it.


His Transformer friends joined us for dinner as well.


And then we ate and ate.  Had some wine and a few chocolates.


After Jackson went to bed, Todd and I made ourselves comfortable on the couch and enjoyed a few more chocolates and a movie.  The Hunger Games.  Although I really did like the movie, it really is kind of sad when you think about it.  Not very romantic?  Oh well.  Happy Valentine's Day, Part Two was a complete success and I'm glad we got to make a whole day out of it instead of just one evening.  I got to spend a pretty fantastic day with my boys and I smile just thinking about it.  

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and that you were able to spend lots of quality time with the ones you love.  Thank you for following along and allowing me to share these moments with you. 
I hope that in the future I'll smile just as big when I read these words as I did when I lived them.

I'm excited to catch up with the blog world this week and see how everyone spent their love holiday.  Don't you just love, love?! 

Happy Monday!!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable. Happy Valentine's day to you and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously need that alfredo recipe. I'm jonesing now!

    ReplyDelete