Thursday, February 20, 2014

enjoying the quiet.

Most afternoons I am able to leave work before 4pm.  That gives me time to either come home and get in a run, get dinner prepped or even get a couple of small chores done before I pick Jackson up at school a little after 5pm.

Today, I got home around 4:15pm (earlier than normal it seems!) and since my next run wasn't until the next day, that left me plenty of quiet time to myself.

I preheated the oven...time to bake some chicken...


...I enjoyed a caffeinated beverage while listening to whatever music I wanted...


...cleaned up the kitchen and ran a load of dishes in the dishwasher...
(seriously. i love a clean kitchen. AND those bananas just remind me that there are many delicious banana bread muffins in our future!!)


...I found some friends just hanging out in the living room while I worked...


...did a load of laundry and took all of the clean clothes upstairs...


...and got dinner prepped... 
tonight's menu: chicken alfredo pesto pasta...with baked lemon pepper chicken. yum.



It is now 8:17pm.  Jackson and I just finished reading a Highlights High Five magazine from cover to cover at least 3 times.  He's already asleep (has been since 8pm, what?!) and Todd's at his weekly soccer game.  
I guess I didn't realize that I'd have two little bits of quiet time to myself today...  I think I'll soak it up while it lasts!

Soon 'll be in my bed, having the tiniest bowl of fruit loops and watching The Good Wife.  And maybe be asleep early, doesn't that sound like a lovely idea?

Isn't nice to have (so very quiet) time to yourself?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment