Wednesday, February 5, 2014

yet another snow day...time to take advantage of it!

So today I'm at home once again thanks again to another winter storm. I am not complaining, I love it when my work tells me to go home and stay home!  As long as we're safe and warm, I'm so very happy to be here!

Todd still has to work today so he ventured out and took Jackson to school.  We love to keep him on a schedule when we can... it is honestly better for all of us.  Come to find out, he's one of only three kids in his class so far so it sounds like he's going to have a pretty good day and quite a bit more attention than he's used to getting!

Since Todd's working and I have a quiet house to myself, I plan on finding a favorite station on Pandora and turning up the volume.  I am going to clean this house, top to bottom.  I am using my snow day wisely and getting things done that I cannot normally do with toddler running around and wanting me to play.  And because I will always choose to play, our house is always a little messy.  Messy is good but I would really love our house to be a bit more tidy and clean. Like I really need to scrub things. lol.

I've been searching the web and Pinterest and I think I've found a couple of good places to start.  I love lists. I love checking things off.  I know it seems like so many tasks but check this one out...it should really help me get everything taken care of, literally from top to bottom!




Is it strange that I'm excited about a day to clean and organize?!  I am hoping to take some before/after photos (if I'm not too embarrassed to share how messy this place really is!!)  I'm looking forward to getting so much done today.  Or at least getting a really good start so that everyday if we just do a little, the house will stay in a little bit better shape.

So in a nutshell...that's what my day's gonna look like. Yes!

I hope that everyone in the storm is staying safe and warm.  Anyone else tired of this winter yet?

p.s. when Jackson gets home from school, I'd like to try this...anyone had it before? Again, I'm getting maybe a little more excited about it than I should be...

source

Happy Snow Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment