Thursday, February 6, 2014

snow day success!

Wow.  What you're about to see is Real.Life.  I mentioned in yesterday's post that I was going to be spending my snow day doing some seriously cleaning. And I did just that.  Serious cleaning. I swear we are not junky people, we are just a small family that would rather spend time together than do chores.  Do you blame us?  So instead of lounging all day and watching a Twilight marathon (because that's what I really wanted to do) I  had some breakfast and really got to work.  Barely even stopped for lunch. 
I felt like this snow day was totally meant to be.

So. Just prepare yourself for all of the before/after photos. I took so many.  But now that I look back, I can see what progress really was made and how cute my little house is. I love it.  Now that its clean anyway! ;) 

So, here are the photos. Please do not judge me.


Love this little printable.  Although I didn't follow it completely, it did help keep me on track and going from room to room. I could keep going with more deep cleaning but that will have to wait for another day.  I literally ran out of hours. lol























Are you feeling embarrassed on my behalf?  I'm maybe not as embarrassed as I should be.  Only because being a full-time working mom and trying to spend some time with Jackson at the end of the day is what's most important. I'm not saying that I couldn't put a little more effort into the household chores but let's be real, I'll always want to spend time with him instead of scrubbing bathrooms. So, our house definitely showed it.  It is well lived in, that's for sure!!

But. It was time to make a change...Thank you, snow day!!

And...after approximately 8 hours of cleaning... here are the after shots.  And I honestly do apologize for the MILLIONS (okay what seems like millions) of photos but really, what is more motivating to keep your house clean?! I'm feeling pretty pumped about it. So enjoy. I am!!




What do you think?  Not bad for only 8 hours of work, right?


All that remains: All of this laundry. So. Much. Laundry.



 

We'll see how long all of the clean lasts...
Happy Thursday my friends and thank you for not judging me! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment